It’s that time of the year again, the annual International Champions Cup (ICC ) is back this month! From Spain, three LaLiga teams- Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Atletico de Madrid, will be participating in the exhibition competition across multiple cities in the US and Singapore.
The pre-season friendlies are an exciting platform that garners tremendous international support for football. Real Madrid were the first team to win the cup in the US in ICC’s preliminary year in 2013, and FC Barcelona are currently the defending champions. The teams will be seen in Singapore, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Washington DC, Santa Clara and New Jersey.
Real Madrid are the only Spanish team to have played at the ICC every year since its initiation. FC Barcelona have been participating in the US leg of the cup since 2015, while this will be Atletico de Madrid’s first year playing in the US, since their first match in Australia in 2016. This will also be the first time a Spanish team (Atletico de Madrid) will be playing in Singapore. It’s going to be an exciting and power-packed summer of international football!
The schedule for the Spanish teams are as follows:
- Atletico de Madrid vs Arsenal: Singapore National Stadium Thursday 26 July, 1:30PM CEST
- FC Barcelona vs Tottenham Hotspur: Pasadena, Rose Bowl Sunday 29 July, 5:00AM CEST
- Paris Saint- Germain vs Atletico de Madrid: Singapore National Stadium Monday 30 July, 1:30PM CEST
- Manchester United vs Real Madrid: Miami, Hard Rock Stadium Wednesday 1st August, 02:00AM CEST
- FC Barcelona vs AS Roma: Dallas AT&T Stadium Wednesday 1st august, 04:00AM CEST
- Real Madrid vs Juventus: Washington DC, Fedex Field Sunday 5th August, 12:00AM CEST
- AC Milan vs FC Barcelona: Santa Clara, Levis Stadium Sunday 5th August, 2:00am CEST
- Real Madrid vs AS Roma: East Rutherford, MetLife Stadium Wednesday 8th August, 02:00AM CEST
© LaLiga - Year 2018